Creative Cape Town communicates, supports and facilitates the development of the creative and knowledge economy in the central city of Cape Town through key partnerships – with the vision of making the central city a leading centre for knowledge, innovation, creativity and culture in Africa and the South.
Creative Cape Town is a programme of the Cape Town Partnership, a collaboration between public and private sectors working together to develop, promote and manage Cape Town city. Creative Cape Town was started in 2006 with the input of more than 30 specialists working in and for creative and cultural industries.
Creative Cape Town’s strength lies in its ability to build dynamic partnerships both within and beyond the central city through networking, information sessions and related programmes – helping to build an enabling environment for the creative industries in the City of Cape Town.
Central to Creative Cape Town’s work is its communication focus using the following channels:
- The Creative Cape Town Annual – a snapshot of the creative and knowledge economy in the central city
- The monthly Creative Cape Town newsletter
- Creative Cape Town profiles on Facebook and Twitter
- Creative Week Cape Town – a showcase of creativity in the city
- Tjing Tjing Exchange – networking platforms for the creative community
Creative Cape Town does ongoing research work and advocacy. It has incubated the following projects:
- Cape Town’s World Design Capital bid
- The Fringe: Cape Town’s Design and Innovation District in the east city
- The proposed redevelopment and promotion of City Hall as a cultural facility
Creative Cape Town works strategically with a number of partners to achieve its goals.
Find out more about Creative Cape Town’s team.
Not the answer you needed? Have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).